Although we are not in normal times, our college is still proud of its normal warm, welcoming, inclusive ethos. This week, we successfully welcomed back around 98% of our students to an Autumn Term start, whilst carefully following government guidance around preventative measures, hygiene and other precautions to prioritise great learning, supported by great wellbeing support and rigorous safeguarding. You can find out more about some of our safety measures here:
You can find out more about some of our wellbeing support preparation here:
We know that you and your child will be keen to apply for a Year Seven place which meets their needs and guarantees great learning opportunities for them, and in spite of the current regulations which prevent our normal Open College programme taking place this year, we are working hard on alternative measures to provide a taste of Thomas Estley for you, to help to support you in taking this important decision and applying for your school place for next year.
You can find out more about us by:
- looking at our website: thomasestley.org.uk
- looking at our college Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thomasestley/
- asking our current students and parents
- visiting the Year Six page on our website (click on Parents, then select Year Six), where we will be putting links to various resources and information, updated regularly through the month of September
- booking onto one of our virtual open college webinars, where you will get the chance to hear from our College Principal Mandi Collins, our Pastoral lead Cathy Cornelius, our Wellbeing lead Emilia Plumb, and some of our students, about what learning at Thomas Estley is like. We will also deal with frequently asked questions about starting at Thomas Estley. Booking details are below and this is for current Year Six pupils and parents/ carers only (we hope to offer some onsite experiences later this academic year for current Year Five pupils, but current regulations do not allow this, and we aware that Year Six pupils will need to apply for school places this and next month).
We are very proud of our college and we hope that you will be as excited about applying to come here as we are about getting to know you and to welcome you to our Thomas Estley family. Although our normal primary experience and on site transition programme is currently suspended for a few months, due to coronavirus regulations, we hope to reinstate it as soon as possible so that you feel as confident and positive as possible about joining our community. More details about this will be posted here and shared with our main feeder primary schools over the academic year, as we are able to arrange opportunities.
To book a place on one of our September Open College Webinars, please email PAtothePrincipal@thomasestley.org.uk with your first and second preference from the four webinar sessions listed below. We will use the email address which you use to email us, to send you an invitation link to the webinar (you can access this on a pc, tablet or phone) and also for a couple of additional information/ reminder slots during September/October this year, and then we will delete it from our records until we receive final information from the local authority in March as to which of you will actually be joining us next academic year, at which time we will communicate with you once again if this applies to your child. All webinars will cover the same information.
Webinar One - Tuesday September 15 - 6:00-6:45pm
Webinar Two - Tuesday September 15 - 7:00-7:45pm
Webinar Three - Thursday September 17 - 6:00-6:45pm
Webinar Four - Thursday September 17 - 7:00-7:45pm
We look forward to meeting you very soon!
You can use the link below to apply for a place at Thomas Estley Community College, as soon as you have decided that we are the right school for your child to attend. Please note that applications received by the county council after October 31 will not be considered until all other applications have been dealt with - please apply on time to ensure your child is not disadvantaged.